Tour to Gallipoli, Troy, Pergamon, Pamukkale and Ephesus
Five days western Turkey tour, you will visit Gallipoli the battlefield from World War I, Ari Burnu, Brighton Beach, and ANZAC Cove graveyards. Also, visit Lone pine Australian Memorial and Cemetery. See the tunnels used during World War I and the trenches at the Johnston's Jolly. Visit the New Zealand memorial and cemetery.
This five days tour also visits the Legendary city of Troy, with a replica of the famous wooden horse that you can climb to take photos. The city of Ancient Troy was built at a strategic point on the Dardanelles strait, which connects the Aegean Sea with the Black Sea. Troy forms a basis for Homer’s Iliad, written some 500 years after the Trojan War. Ancient Troy also holds a unique position in history, literature and archaeology.
Visit the awe-inspiring pure white travertines of Pamukkale and take a dip in the Cleopatra's pool where you can see the fallen columns below. The travertine terraces at Pamukkale are definitely one of the most stunning natural wonders that you can witness from various mineral springs in a vast white cliff side. Also, see the ruins of Hierapolis.
You will continue to the UNESCO-listed Ephesus where you will see one of the worlds best-preserved ancient sites. See where Virgin Mary spent her final days at the House of the Virgin Mary and get to experience the Temple of Artemis one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
HIGHLIGHTS OF TOUR
- Pay your respects to the fallen heroes of the Gallipoli battlefield as well as World War I monuments.
- Visit The enchanting city of Troy a historic place with it's the cultural treasures.
- Be welcomed by the city Pergamon, meaning castle, is Acropolis.
- Admire the otherworldly landscape at Pamukkale, which means Cotton Palace,
- See the ruins of Hierapolis,an ancient city that grew up around the springs,
- Explore the Ancient City of Ephesus,
- Visit the virgin mary house a typical Roman architectural example, entirely made of stones.
Know before you book
- Scheduling: regular
- Languages offered on tour: English,
- Duration: 5 days 4 Nights
- Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
- pick up from your Hotel in istanbul
- There is 50% cancellation fee for Customers to Cancel 7 and 14 day(s) prior to the date of the activity or tour
- Available to be booked until 3 days before the tour starts. Please note we reserve the option to confirm the tour or not due to availability.
Istanbul to Gallipoli
After pick up, we drive to Gallipoli Battlefield, Eceabat, Canakkale Province, Turkish Aegean Coast. Here we will explore the following sights;
Brighton Beach, Beach Cemetery, Cemetery ANZAC Cove, Ariburnu Cemetery, ANZAC Commemoration Site, Lone Pine Australian Memorial, Johnston's Jolly (Turkish & Allied trenches & tunnels), 57th Regiment Turkish Memorial, The Nek Chunuk Bair, New Zealand Memorial
Canakkale, Troy, Pergamon, Kusadasi
Day 2 After breakfast pick up from the hotel and see the city of Troy (Truva), Canakkale. We will visit:
Ruins of Troy, The Trojan Horse, Helen of Troy, The Trojan Wars, The battle between Achilles and Paris, Sacrificial Altars, The 3700-year-old city walls, Houses of Troy I, The Bouleterium (Senate Building), The Odeon (Concert Hall), Current excavations in progress
After lunch, we drive to Pergamon Antik Kenti, Bergama, Izmir Province. There we stop at :
Pergamon Acropolis, The Library once held 200.000 books and Trojan, Temple of Trajan, Altar of Zeus ( Now at BERLIN MUSEUM ), The Hellenistic Theater with a seating capacity of 10,000, Temple of Dionysus
Hierapolis and Pamukkale traverteens
After brakfast We will depart after breakfast to Hierapolis and Pamukkale. After Hierapolis we will Admire the beautiful white terraces at Pamukkale:
North Gate of Pamukkale (Hierapolis), Necropolis-The biggest ancient cemeteries in Anatolia with 1.200 graves, Roman Bath, Domitian Gate, Main Street, Byzantium Gate, Thermal Pools
Ephesus and Virgin Marry house
After an early breakfast, we are off to see the ancient City of Ephesus, Selcuk, Izmir Province. At Ephesus, you will learn about its rich history of:
The Odeon, The Fountain of Pollio, Temple of Hadrian, Library of Celsus, The Temple of Domitian, Marble Street, The Theater, Agoras
The second stop of this day is at the House of the Virgin Mary (or Meryem Ana Evias they say in Turkish) and is a place where, according to the beliefs of many people Mary, the mother of Jesus, spent the last years of her life.
*Breakfast * Lunch
Transfer to Kusadasi port or Izmir airport
On the last of this tour, we depart after breakfast to Kusadasi Port.There we will transfer you to Izmir airport for your next destination flight
*Breakfast * Transfer to Izmir airport
- Professional local tourist guide
- Transportation with a/c no smoking tour bus
- Meals as mentioned above itinerary
- Pick up from your hotel in istanbul
- Drop of to Izmir airport
- Local Taxes
- Personal expenses
- Drinks on the meal above mentioned
- Tips (optional)
- Accomodation you can book online yourself